Support for advanced entrepeneurship
In Bizkaia you have the Support for Move the World
We know you can move the world with your innovative idea; you only need some help to start making your business project come true. In Bizkaia, we accompany you in the process through the Department of Economic and Territorial Development of the Provincial Council.
In addition to the social, geographical and economic advantages offered by the territory, we have a set of aid and financing programmes, assistance and accompaniment services, spaces and location infrastructures.
You only have to make the first move. And now is the time. We are determined to listen to you and to support you.
If you are an entrepreneur or a startup with an innovative idea in need of capital and/or funding, we can offer you…
Nonrefundable Subsidies covering:
- Setting-up preliminary expenses: Feasibility studies, prototypes, trips and attending trade fairs, external advice. Up to €60,000 per project.
- Costs of setting-up the new company: Setting-up bonus and other external expenses (marketing plan, letting of premises, IP protection). Up to €15,000 of the social capital, and €30,000 of the external expenses per project.
- Post setting-up expenses: Recruitment of technologists and / or business developers. Up to €20,000 per project.
- Expenses in the consolidation phase: Business acceleration services. Up to €20,000 per project.
- If your project is within the creative industries, we have a specific programme that covers expenses of the initial stages (viability studies, trips and attending trade fairs, social capital, and letting of premises…) Up to €70,000 per project.
- If your project brings new solutions to social needs, we also cover the costs of: Social capital, start-up, launching, trips and attending trade fairs, letting of premises, hiring of a business developer ... Up to €50,000 per project.
Risk Capital Funding
- Investment up to €450,000 in social capital and/or participatory loans.
- Microfinance of projects at 5% interest.
- We support socially innovative entrepreneurial initiatives through a specific venture capital fund.
- Access to contributors and investors interested in participating in your project through financing. The compensation can be either in the form of personal satisfaction, reward, and / or monetary return.
- Innovation promotion fund that encourages private savings to support innovation projects of SMEs.
- For technological innovation (Article 63 of corporation tax): that allows a deduction on profits, or a tax credit when the company has them.
- Tax credit that newly created companies can transfer to other companies that finance their R + D + i projects (Article 64. bis)
Other Funding Instruments
In addition to economic resources, we provide you with a series of services to accompany you in the development of your project.
Quick Setting-up of LLC
Quick processing -72hours, €120- of the telematic procedure of the LLC.
Mentoring and Acceleration
- Bizkaia Mentoring Network: access to a network of mentors with extensive experience and contacts, which can help you to accelerate your project.
- If your project has potential for rapid growth, we offer you assistance for 6 months, with a team of consultants or specialised advisers.
Advice and Aupport in Co-financing
- Information and advice on aid and other complementary instruments (venture capital, guarantees ...) to co-finance your project.
- Organisation of events and private meetings to connect startups, investors and other type of experts (for example: Bizkaia B-Venture).
Open Innovation Dynamics
- Initiatives to connect companies with specific needs and startups with potential solutions (BIOK! Platform, Bizkaia Open Future and BIND 4.0 StartUp! Basque Industry 4,0 accelerator Program.
- Organisation of networking days to promote contact between companies, and to identify collaboration opportunities.
Stays in International Nodes
- Stay and tutoring in International Nodes: Masschallenge, Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) in Boston and Sosa in Tel Aviv. In addition to providing access to incubators and acceleration services, we cover part of the cost of living.
- Prestaekin Programme, aimed at entrepreneurs who are beneficiaries of business start-up grants, in order to train newly-created companies in key aspects for their future.
We also help you to attract, retain and connect talent for your project, and we assist you in the sociocultural integration in our territory.
- Access and participation in the Be Basque Talent Network: a network of highly qualified professionals with more than 8,000 members in 88 countries and 250 companies.
- Attendance at events, science, research, and employment fairs, to locate and capture the interest of researchers and highly qualified professionals in strategic areas for Euskadi.
Global Family Support
- If you are from abroad and come with your family or have hired someone who comes to settle in Bizkaia, we offer you advice on administrative issues, accommodation, residence permit, health and schooling, to assist them in their sociocultural integration in Bizkaia.
- Through the “Dual Career Centre” we also offer personalised counseling to your partner (or the partner of the hired professional) for their work and sociocultural integration, in terms of employment contracts, entrepreneurship, volunteering, etc.
Retain Talented People in Bizkaia
- We favour the integration of researchers through Bizkaia Talent aid programme, which covers the cost of hiring highly qualified staff for the development of research projects in our territory.
- We offer personalised advice and information to the students with the greatest potential of the three Basque universities for their career orientation (visits, workshops with companies, etc.)
If you need a place to locate your project, we provide you with spaces and infrastructures. We promote an ecosystem that favours the networking and acceleration of incubated projects, in order to help them consolidate and grow.
Coworking space for entrepreneurs in the phase of defining a business idea and its technical and economic feasibility.
Specialised Sectorial Incubators
For startups and companies in sectors of bio-micro-nano technologies, advanced manufacturing and clean technologies.
For entrepreneurial projects in the districts of Ezkerraldea and Meatzaldea.
For digital entrepreneurship projects.
Promotion of the entrepreneurial culture; nursery of technology-based companies in the university community of UPV/EHU..
Nursery of technology-based companies located in the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Deusto.